Our Rules if you want to use Miit
1. You have to be 18 or over.
2. Don’t post anything showing violence, or that might make other people feel scared, or any images that contain nudity.
3. Don’t use anybody else’s account without their permission or try to find out their login details.
4. Don’t let anyone else use your account.
5. Keep your password secret.
6. Don’t bully anyone or post anything horrible about people.
7. Don’t post other peoples’ private or personal information.
8. Don’t use Miit to do anything illegal or that we tell you not to.
9. You can send us ideas on how to improve Miit.
10. Don’t change anything about our website or applications, upload any type of virus or do anything that might interfere with the way Miit works.
11. Don’t use any type of software or robot to create accounts or access Miit and don’t send spam or unwanted emails or messages.
13. Don’t do anything that might affect how other people use and enjoy Miit.
14. Don’t encourage anyone to break these rules.
Your Rights and our Rights
1. You have the right to feel safe using Miit.
2. Officially you own any original pictures and videos you post, but we are allowed to use them, and we can let others use them as well, anywhere around the world. Other people might pay us to use them and we will not pay you for that.
3. You are responsible for anything you do using Miit and anything you post, including things you might not expect such as usernames, data and other peoples’ music.
4. It will be assumed that you own what you post, and what you post does not break the law. If it does, and you are fined, you will have to pay that fine.
5. Although you are responsible for the information you put on Miit, we may keep, use and share your personal information with companies connected with Miit. This information includes your name, email address, school, where you live, pictures, phone number, your likes and dislikes, where you go, who your friends are, how often you use Miit, and any other personal information we find such as your birthday or who you are chatting with, including in private messages (DMs).
6. Miit is also not responsible for:
- Links on Miit from companies or people we do not control, even if we send those links to you ourselves.
- What happens if you connect your Miit account to another app or website, for instance by sharing a picture, and the other app does something with it or takes your personal details.
- The cost of any data you use while using Miit.
- If your photos are lost or stolen from Miit.
7. Although Miit is not responsible for what happens to you or your data while you use Miit, we do have many powers:
- We might send you adverts connected to your interests which we are monitoring. You cannot stop us doing this and it will not always be obvious that it is an advert.
- We can change or end Miit, or stop you accessing Miit at any time, for any reason and without letting you know in advance. We can also delete posts and other content randomly, without telling you, for any reason. If we do this, we will not be responsible for paying out any money and you won’t have any right to complain.
- We can force you to give up your username for any reason.
- We can, but do not have to, remove, edit, block and/or monitor anything posted or any accounts that we think breaks any of these rules. We are not responsible if somebody breaks the law or breaks these rules; but if you break them, you are responsible. You should use common sense and your best judgement when using Miit.
8. Although you do not own your data, we do own ours. You may not copy and paste Miit logos or other stuff we create, or remove it or try to change it.
9. You can close your Miit account by logging into Miit and selecting DELETE ACCOUNT from your profile settings. If you do, your photos, posts and profile will disappear from your account but if anyone has shared your photos or personal details, or if we have used them ourselves for any reason, they might still appear on Miit. We do not keep all the data we already have from you and it cannot be recovered if you delete your account.
10. We will keep meta- data we already have from you, typically information on how you used the app so we can improve our product, and can use it as explained in paragraph 5 above.
11. We can change these rules whenever we like by posting an update on Miit, whether you notice it or not.